INDIVIDUAL VOICE TRAINING: VOCAL CONFIDENCE, ELOCUTION – LONDON
Explore the potential of your speaking voice
Voice training is for you if:
- you are often asked to repeat yourself or ‘speak up’
- your voice feels weaker, higher or ‘smaller’ than you’d like it to
- people often ask you to slow down when you speak
- your voice sometimes ‘breaks’ or weakens, especially at stressful times
- you would like to have more control over the sound, tone and strength of your voice
- your voice feels tired or strained when you have been talking for some time or in noisy environments
- you feel that the sound of your voice doesn’t quite match the real you
- you know there is a stronger and more confident voice inside you and you are ready to unlock it!
What happens in a voice training session?
We work physically: on your body posture, breathing habits, and any muscle tensions. Everyone is different, so we start with a thorough analysis in the intro session, then set objectives.
Sessions include relaxation techniques, body awareness, breathing exercises and voice exercises designed to help you reach your vocal potential. You’ll get a practical ‘voice toolbox’ for life.
Previous clients say they experience more ease, confidence and impact in professional and personal communication.
Is voice training the same as elocution lessons?
In principle, yes. Elocution lessons focus on speech clarity and articulation, whatever your accent. The term elocution is a bit old-fashioned these days but if speech clarity is your objective, your voice training sessions will cover what used to be called elocution. Read my blog post on this: how relevant is elocution today?